PPG Unveils POWERCRON EPIC E-coats
PPG Industries＇ industrial coatings business has introduced POWERCRON EPIC electrocoats (e-coats), a line of next-generation, cationic-epoxy products that will be used for the first time in North America by MetoKote Corp., Lima, Ohio, a key PPG partner.
Powercron EPIC e-coats offer several performance and environmental advantages over competing products because they are formulated with metal-free catalyst technology developed and patented by PPG.
Powercron EPIC e-coats cure at temperatures as low as 320 F, compared to 350-375 F for existing cationic-epoxy e-coat products, which enables manufacturers to reduce energy costs and related carbon emissions. They also can achieve more uniform film builds on complex parts because of the coatings＇ improved throwpower.
The metal-free catalyst technology also enables Powercron EPIC e-coats to be formulated without tin, bismuth and other heavy-metal-based compounds. As a result they will comply with emerging regulatory trends, such as new REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemical Substances) mandates in the European Union that will restrict the use of certain tin-based compounds beginning in January 2015.
John Shaffer, PPG product manager, electrocoat, said, "Global reserves of bismuth are uncertain, and other heavy-metal compounds are increasingly subject to restrictive environmental mandates. Powercron EPIC e-coats will help manufacturers comply with evolving global environmental standards, protect them from cost volatility and enable them to manufacture products more efficiently."
Joe Tirado, MetoKote global director, technology and quality, said his company is pleased to partner with PPG on the launch of Powercron EPIC e-coats. "We believe these e-coats represent a new generation of coatings solutions that will help global manufacturers maintain compliance with global environmental standards while providing them with the excellent corrosion protection and finish quality they have come to expect from PPG products."
As one of the world's largest coatings manufacturers, PPG offers a comprehensive array of electrocoat, pretreatment, liquid and powder products for metal finishing to manufacturers in numerous industries. In addition to providing a broad range of industrial coatings and a full spectrum of color choices, PPG backs its products with industry-leading technical expertise delivered through an international customer support network. With 50 years of experience in e-coat, PPG offers solutions to some of the industry＇s toughest corrosion challenges.
- April 8, 2019According to thestatistics provided by the General Administration of Customs, in February 2019,China imported 8,404.44 tons of titanium dioxide, decreased by 2.81% comparedwith last year and decreased...view
- September 6, 2017Recently, the concept of the A -share market price popular . First Nickel Nickel stock market prices rose triggered the outbreak , then pick fluorine chemicals , refrigerants bring prices Juhuagufen (...view
- March 13, 2020Tronox announces to have price increase of USD 120per metric ton for titanium dioxide in Asia Pacific since 1th,April,2020view
- September 6, 2017China titanium dioxide products will celebrate the rising sun Low excess capacity, high-capacity became insufficient supply of the pattern of development of China's titanium dioxide industry at prese...view
- September 6, 2017AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.The company has signed a j...view
- September 6, 2017The following is a Q&A interview with Argex Titanium Chief Financial Officer and Director Mark BillingsThanks for speaking with us today Mark, can you tell me about Argex?Argex Titanium Inc. (TSX:...view