PPG Unveils POWERCRON EPIC E-coats
PPG Industries＇ industrial coatings business has introduced POWERCRON EPIC electrocoats (e-coats), a line of next-generation, cationic-epoxy products that will be used for the first time in North America by MetoKote Corp., Lima, Ohio, a key PPG partner.
Powercron EPIC e-coats offer several performance and environmental advantages over competing products because they are formulated with metal-free catalyst technology developed and patented by PPG.
Powercron EPIC e-coats cure at temperatures as low as 320 F, compared to 350-375 F for existing cationic-epoxy e-coat products, which enables manufacturers to reduce energy costs and related carbon emissions. They also can achieve more uniform film builds on complex parts because of the coatings＇ improved throwpower.
The metal-free catalyst technology also enables Powercron EPIC e-coats to be formulated without tin, bismuth and other heavy-metal-based compounds. As a result they will comply with emerging regulatory trends, such as new REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemical Substances) mandates in the European Union that will restrict the use of certain tin-based compounds beginning in January 2015.
John Shaffer, PPG product manager, electrocoat, said, "Global reserves of bismuth are uncertain, and other heavy-metal compounds are increasingly subject to restrictive environmental mandates. Powercron EPIC e-coats will help manufacturers comply with evolving global environmental standards, protect them from cost volatility and enable them to manufacture products more efficiently."
Joe Tirado, MetoKote global director, technology and quality, said his company is pleased to partner with PPG on the launch of Powercron EPIC e-coats. "We believe these e-coats represent a new generation of coatings solutions that will help global manufacturers maintain compliance with global environmental standards while providing them with the excellent corrosion protection and finish quality they have come to expect from PPG products."
As one of the world's largest coatings manufacturers, PPG offers a comprehensive array of electrocoat, pretreatment, liquid and powder products for metal finishing to manufacturers in numerous industries. In addition to providing a broad range of industrial coatings and a full spectrum of color choices, PPG backs its products with industry-leading technical expertise delivered through an international customer support network. With 50 years of experience in e-coat, PPG offers solutions to some of the industry＇s toughest corrosion challenges.
- December 2, 2021According to Tu Duoduo's statistics, inOctober 2021, China's titanium dioxide output was 323,800 tons, an increase of7.90% month-on-month and a decrease of 0.34% year-on-year. The total outputfrom Jan...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont said on Thursday that Mark Vergano, a 26-year veteran, will become chief ＥＸＥＣutive of the chemical conglomerate＇s titanium dioxide business when it is spun off next year. Vergnano will oversee the new company and ...view
- February 19, 2019Following VENATOR price increasing letterreleased on January 31st,2019, China tio2 market price increase $100/mt after China Lunar New Year,.It's estimated that tio2 trends will be still warm in the c...view
- March 13, 2020Tronox announces to have price increase of USD 120per metric ton for titanium dioxide in Asia Pacific since 1th,April,2020view
- May 13, 2020According to the data given by Chinese customs, in January 2020, China’s titanium dioxide imports hit 9,200 tonnes, a decrease of 26.18% compared to one year prior, and a decrease of 46.57% compared ...view
- October 15, 2019Affectedby upstream supply shortages and rising rutile and ilmenite prices, titaniumdioxide prices in the third quarter of North America showed a slight increase.As the price of titanium dioxide produ...view