European medical plastics sector group launched
EuPC, the European group of plastics converters, has launched a new sector group: MedPharmPlast Europe. Focussing on the medical and pharmaceutical sector, the group has emerged from a need identified at a conference dedicated to plastics converters in the medical devices industry and pharmaceutical packaging held in Brussels in October.
Whilst the medical market is still growing, the international competition is fierce and entry barriers are increasingly high. The good news for the plastics industry is that polymers are at the heart of most innovations in medical devices and pharmaceutical packaging.
MedPharmPlast Europe aims to facilitate the development of market opportunities and seeks to defend the competitiveness of the European companies in the international market.
The strict and rapidly evolving regulatory environment is one of the main issues identified. For example, on the 22 October 2013, the plenary of the EU Parliament voted the proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on medical devices. Amongst other measures, the European Parliament proposal introduces a threshold (0.1% by weight) and establishes a delegated act procedure by which the Commission can grant authorisations for the use of substances found in concentration above 0.1% in medical devices.
EuPC would like interested parties in the Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Packaging industries to join MedPharmPlast Europe to create a strong group to defend the interest of the industry and work on the EU regulatory specificities of plastics in the medical devices and pharmaceutical packaging markets.
EuPC has already obtained from the European Commission the right to represent plastics for medical devices through a direct participation in the European Medical Devices Expert Group.
Several companies have already expressed their interest to join the sector group. The inaugral meeting of MedPharmPlast Europe will take place on the 28 January 2014 in Brussels, Belgium.
- September 23, 2020Two common surface treatment methods of titanium dioxide
- September 6, 2017AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.The company has signed a j...view
- September 6, 2017Hostmann-Steinberg announced its Platinum Sponsorship at this year’s annual PrintUV Conference. The company is eager to discuss with the printers attending this year’s conference its complete UV pro...view
- August 4, 2021Since at the end of July, Tio2's foreigninquiries have increased significantly, market begin to getting hot , the priceof raw material titanium ore has stopped falling, and the price of sulfuricacid h...view
- January 10, 2018Pure titanium dioxide is a kinds of fine white powder that provides bright white pigments. Titanium dioxide has been used a whole century in many industrial and consumer products including paints, coa...view
- September 6, 2017PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) industrial coatings business has introduced ELECTROCOLOR® 3500 coating, an electrodeposition coating (e-coat) designed as a lightly-tinted clearcoat for application on meta...view