European medical plastics sector group launched
EuPC, the European group of plastics converters, has launched a new sector group: MedPharmPlast Europe. Focussing on the medical and pharmaceutical sector, the group has emerged from a need identified at a conference dedicated to plastics converters in the medical devices industry and pharmaceutical packaging held in Brussels in October.
Whilst the medical market is still growing, the international competition is fierce and entry barriers are increasingly high. The good news for the plastics industry is that polymers are at the heart of most innovations in medical devices and pharmaceutical packaging.
MedPharmPlast Europe aims to facilitate the development of market opportunities and seeks to defend the competitiveness of the European companies in the international market.
The strict and rapidly evolving regulatory environment is one of the main issues identified. For example, on the 22 October 2013, the plenary of the EU Parliament voted the proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on medical devices. Amongst other measures, the European Parliament proposal introduces a threshold (0.1% by weight) and establishes a delegated act procedure by which the Commission can grant authorisations for the use of substances found in concentration above 0.1% in medical devices.
EuPC would like interested parties in the Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Packaging industries to join MedPharmPlast Europe to create a strong group to defend the interest of the industry and work on the EU regulatory specificities of plastics in the medical devices and pharmaceutical packaging markets.
EuPC has already obtained from the European Commission the right to represent plastics for medical devices through a direct participation in the European Medical Devices Expert Group.
Several companies have already expressed their interest to join the sector group. The inaugral meeting of MedPharmPlast Europe will take place on the 28 January 2014 in Brussels, Belgium.
- August 4, 2021Since at the end of July, Tio2's foreigninquiries have increased significantly, market begin to getting hot , the priceof raw material titanium ore has stopped falling, and the price of sulfuricacid h...view
- April 13, 2021China's titanium dioxide has started a new round of price increasing $150/ton since April 10th,2021 due to titanium concentrate price going up.view
- March 13, 2020Tronox announces to have price increase of USD 120per metric ton for titanium dioxide in Asia Pacific since 1th,April,2020view
- September 6, 2017European Union and Canadian plastics exporters are to benefit from a new free trade deal. Once the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) has been ratified (probably in 2015), it will lead ...view
- September 6, 2017Huntsman Pigments has been shortlisted for the innovation award at the inaugural Made in the North East Awards.Manufacturing companies from across the North East of England are set to battle it out at...view
- January 10, 2018In recent years, the needs for titanium dioxide has been on the rise continuously in the world. With the continuous subdivision of global market of titanium dioxide, the market demand is increasing gr...view