Two common surface treatment methods of titanium dioxide
1. Organic treatment
At present, the use of pigments is more and more widely. In some coatings industry, color developing agent is often used. This kind of color developing agent is a new type of polymer, which requires higher dispersion of pigment. After inorganic treatment, we need to go through organic treatment. The purpose of this treatment is to make the pigment suitable for various occasions. These organic treatment agents are generally all kinds of surfactants and additives, and the time of adding them into the products is in the time of air grinding process.
Organic treatment is mainly to improve the wettability and dispersion of titanium dioxide surface, so we often use dispersants such as coupling agent, high fatty acid unsaturated silicone and other treatment agents, which are used better in recent years.
2. Inorganic treatment
Inorganic surface treatment is mainly to make a layer of inorganic hydrated oxide film on the surface of titanium dioxide. During the process of inorganic treatment, sol and gel are used, and precipitation occurs during the process of treatment. A thin film will be formed on the surface to block the defects of the crystal, which will improve the chemical properties of titanium dioxide and, above all, improve the dispersibility of titanium dioxide.
In the appropriate temperature, stirring and acid-base, we can carry out inorganic treatment, which is already a well dispersed slurry. In the process of treatment, we must control the temperature, stirring and concentration of titanium dioxide slurry, so that the effect of inorganic treatment can be revealed.
In the process of using these two different processes, it should be noted that different organic and inorganic treatments should be carried out for different purpos
- September 6, 2017PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) industrial coatings business has introduced ELECTROCOLOR® 3500 coating, an electrodeposition coating (e-coat) designed as a lightly-tinted clearcoat for application on meta...view
- September 6, 2017Highlights:2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 18% as compared to the third quarter of 2012;2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 21% in the first nine months of the year as compared...view
- June 9, 2021Recently, China's major titanium dioxide suppliers announce that from July 1, 2021, the company's sales price of various types of titanium dioxide (including sulfuric acid titanium dioxide and chlorin...view
- September 6, 2017Huntsman Pigments has been shortlisted for the innovation award at the inaugural Made in the North East Awards.Manufacturing companies from across the North East of England are set to battle it out at...view
- September 10, 2018Due to the raw material price of titanium dioxide still keep in rising, and China government pressure on environmental protection all the time. China titanium dioxide suppliers make a new price incre...view
- August 8, 2017Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd. and its affiliates have announced a price increase of Tipaque® titanium dioxide (TiO2) by US$250 per metric ton in the Asia-Pacific region effective as from July 1st, ...view