Two common surface treatment methods of titanium dioxide
1. Organic treatment
At present, the use of pigments is more and more widely. In some coatings industry, color developing agent is often used. This kind of color developing agent is a new type of polymer, which requires higher dispersion of pigment. After inorganic treatment, we need to go through organic treatment. The purpose of this treatment is to make the pigment suitable for various occasions. These organic treatment agents are generally all kinds of surfactants and additives, and the time of adding them into the products is in the time of air grinding process.
Organic treatment is mainly to improve the wettability and dispersion of titanium dioxide surface, so we often use dispersants such as coupling agent, high fatty acid unsaturated silicone and other treatment agents, which are used better in recent years.
2. Inorganic treatment
Inorganic surface treatment is mainly to make a layer of inorganic hydrated oxide film on the surface of titanium dioxide. During the process of inorganic treatment, sol and gel are used, and precipitation occurs during the process of treatment. A thin film will be formed on the surface to block the defects of the crystal, which will improve the chemical properties of titanium dioxide and, above all, improve the dispersibility of titanium dioxide.
In the appropriate temperature, stirring and acid-base, we can carry out inorganic treatment, which is already a well dispersed slurry. In the process of treatment, we must control the temperature, stirring and concentration of titanium dioxide slurry, so that the effect of inorganic treatment can be revealed.
In the process of using these two different processes, it should be noted that different organic and inorganic treatments should be carried out for different purpos
- July 14, 2020China suppliers announces a new titanium dioxide price increasing $80 in the July,2020 due to raw materials going up ,it's estimated that the market trends get warm furtherlyview
- January 3, 2020China tio2 suppliers make anew price increasing $150/ton for chlorination tio2 since 2th,January due toraw materials going up crazily and short stock in the market.view
- December 3, 2020The price oftitanium dioxide in China has risen again, most of suppliers increase aroundRMB 700-1000/ton, USD100-150/ton, mainly because of the sharply increase in theprice of raw materials titanium o...view
- September 6, 2017Recently, the relevant state agencies announced the 2016 titanium dioxide production. According to the National Chemical Industry Productivity Promotion Center Titanium Dioxide Center and the titanium...view
- September 6, 2017According to the German Coatings Association survey, in nearly 250 enterprises, most companies because of raw material prices continue to rise, so that the paint business has been greatly affected, on...view
- February 18, 2020China tio2 suppliers have to make a new price increasing $100/ton for tio2 since 10th,February,2020 during NCP period due to raw materials titanium concentrate going up crazily and its shortage in th...view