Russia to create special economic zone Titanium Valley
About 9.5 billion roubles (1 rouble roughly equals 32.9 U.S. dollars) will be allocated to the Urals Sverdlovsk region to create a special economic zone Titanium Valley, according to the government’s resolution published on Wednesday on its official website.
In 2011-2013, a total of 951 million roubles were allocated for these purposes from the Sverdlovsk region budget, in 2014 the sum is planned at 841 million roubles. But an overall cost of the construction of the first phase of infrastructure facilities in 2012-2016 is estimated at 25.031 billion roubles. So, the Russian government thinks that if the project is financed from the regional budget and off-budget sources (12.4 billion roubles) only, the timeframe of the project will inevitably be extended, hence the development of the zone will be hindered. It is planned to create 2,160 new jobs in the Titanium Valley zone by 2023. Tax revenues are expected to reach 11.5 billion roubles by that time.
In this context, the Russian government has decided to transfer an additional sum of at least 4.7 billion roubles to the Sverdlovsk region budget and instructed the ministry of economic development and the ministry of finance to fix extra sums of up to 4.8 billion roubles as allocations to the Sverdlovsk region in the federal budget for 2015 and a bigger period of up to 2017.
- September 6, 2017Mineral Deposits Limited (“MDL”) advises that it has increased its interest in World Titanium Resources Limited (“WTR”) from 15.0% to 19.1% through the subscription of 18.0 million shares at 13 ce...view
- September 6, 2017Chrysler Group LLC has given its approval for use of PPG’s innovative clearcoat products for warranty repairs on all Chrysler vehicles. The approved PPG clearcoats are ENVIROBASE® High Performanc...view
- January 10, 2018The plastic industry is the second largest user of titanium dioxide. Generally, the consumption of titanium dioxide in the plastic field accounts for 20% of the consumption of titanium dioxide in the ...view
- September 13, 2018Venator is to close its titanium dioxide (TiO2) plant in Pori, Finland, by 2021 due to "cost escalation and extended timeline" for its reconstruction following a fire in 2017, the US-headquartered che...view
- December 20, 2017In December, due to air pollution problem,the largest China production region----Panzhihua district all stop tio2production, which will influence 20% of China total tio2 production capacity. Furthermo...view
- May 16, 2018As entering into May, China titanium dioxide suppliers announcenot to adjust price at current stage after May ,it's estimated that China tio2price trends will be stable in the coming month.view