China National Chemical will build the only titanium dioxide plant in Africa, equipped with 300,000
At the "Belt and Road" Entrepreneurs Conference of the 3rd "Belt and Road" International Cooperation Summit Forum held in Beijing on October 17, Donghua Engineering Technology Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of China National Chemical Corporation, and the South African company NYANZA signed an 8-year agreement. The EPC general contracting contract for the 10,000 tons/year sulfuric acid titanium dioxide project will plant a "single seedling" of titanium dioxide on 30.2 million square kilometers of African land.
"This is China's first titanium dioxide EPC general contracting project implemented overseas." Li Lixin, secretary of the Party Committee and Chairman of Donghua Technology, said.
The project includes an 80,000-ton/year titanium dioxide plant, a 300,000-ton/year sulfuric acid plant, auxiliary facilities, public works, and front-of-plant areas. It uses titanium concentrate as raw material and applies China's own sulfuric acid with internationally advanced levels. French titanium dioxide technology produces high-grade rutile titanium dioxide that can be used in coatings, plastics and other fields.
The project construction will use Chinese standards and domestically produced equipment and be implemented in accordance with China's project management model.
Donovan, CEO of Nyanza Company, said in an interview with the photo reporter that after the project is completed, it will become the first modern sulfuric acid titanium dioxide device in South Africa and the only titanium dioxide project in Africa, which can effectively It meets South Africa's domestic demand and radiates the African continent market. It is also of great significance in promoting the upgrading of industrial structure, promoting employment and generating income.
"South Africa is rich in raw materials for titanium dioxide production, accounting for about 22% of the world's total, second only to Australia. But Africa currently only exports minerals without production and processing capabilities." Donovan said that Nyanza's goal is to make Africa has the capacity to produce titanium dioxide, allowing it to export higher value-added products.
To this end, they have been looking for suitable partners around the world for many years, and finally found that only China can help them achieve this goal, and Chinese companies have advanced technology and rich performance.
Over the past year or so, through inspections and exchanges with Donghua Technology, they have a better understanding of China's titanium dioxide production technology and contractor project construction capabilities.
Rob, chief operating officer of Nyanza, said that as the first African country to sign a cooperation document on the Belt and Road Initiative with China, South Africa has been working hard to promote the industrialization process a few years ago, and this project is very suitable for South Africa. The policy will create a new industrial chain and create a large number of local jobs.
The project itself alone can create 850 direct jobs. If indirect employment is included, the number of beneficiaries will increase five times; during the construction period of the next 3 to 4 years, the project will also employ 2,500 to 3,000 people.
“Thank you to the Belt and Road Initiative for making our dreams come true.” Rob enthusiastically extended an invitation to reporters, “After the project is completed, you are welcome to come and take a look.”
- August 12, 2020After price increasing $80/ton in July,China suppliers announces a new titanium dioxide price increasing $80 again in the August,2020. Due to raw materials going up ,it's estimated that the market tre...view
- December 8, 2023According to the market demand for titanium dioxide, along with the rising prices of raw material, and the RMB exchange is going strong, China suppliers announces a new titanium dioxide price increasi...view
- April 26, 2019Tronox has completed the acquisition of Cristal's titanium dioxide business in North America by Cristal on May 1, 2019, will be stripped off in Connecticut, and on April 10, 2019 / AP / Tronox Holding...view
- March 17, 2022Ukraine has proven titanium reserves of 94million tons, second to Australia and China, ranking third in the world,accounting for 11% of global titanium reserves.The shortage of titanium ore in Ukraine...view
- July 14, 2020China suppliers announces a new titanium dioxide price increasing $80 in the July,2020 due to raw materials going up ,it's estimated that the market trends get warm furtherlyview
- September 6, 2017China’s output of titanium concentrate ore encounters small increase while imports see slight decrease in May 2014In May 2014, total output of China's titanium concentrate ore encountered increase co...view