DuPont says Vergnano will run titanium dioxide spinoff
DuPont said on Thursday that Mark Vergano, a 26-year veteran, will become chief ＥＸＥＣutive of the chemical conglomerate＇s titanium dioxide business when it is spun off next year.
Vergnano will oversee the new company and its 7,500 employees after the spinoff, set for the second quarter of 2015. Vergnano, 55, currently oversees the unit within DuPont.
Delaware-based DuPont first announced the deal last October, saying it would use a complex, tax-free transaction to effectively give existing DuPont shareholders 100 percent ownership.
The new company, which makes titanium dioxide, a popular pigment found in products ranging from car paint to sunscreen, is expected to be publicly traded.
Ellen Kullman will remain CEO of DuPont, which is focusing more on agricultural products.
- September 6, 2017EuPC, the European group of plastics converters, has launched a new sector group: MedPharmPlast Europe. Focussing on the medical and pharmaceutical sector, the group has emerged from a need identifie...view
- May 16, 2018As entering into May, China titanium dioxide suppliers announcenot to adjust price at current stage after May ,it's estimated that China tio2price trends will be stable in the coming month.view
- September 23, 2020Two common surface treatment methods of titanium dioxide
- September 6, 2017DuPont, which is making a big push into the agriculture market, reported a steeper-than-expected 3 percent fall in quarterly revenue as severe winter in North America delayed the planting of crops. Sa...view
- September 6, 2017Harmony Chemical participated in ChinaPlast successfully from May 16th to 19th, 2017, this is the 31st International Exhibition on Plastics & Rubber Industries. We won a good reputation from both ...view
- September 6, 2017AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.The company has signed a j...view