Two common surface treatment methods of titanium dioxide
1. Organic treatment
At present, the use of pigments is more and more widely. In some coatings industry, color developing agent is often used. This kind of color developing agent is a new type of polymer, which requires higher dispersion of pigment. After inorganic treatment, we need to go through organic treatment. The purpose of this treatment is to make the pigment suitable for various occasions. These organic treatment agents are generally all kinds of surfactants and additives, and the time of adding them into the products is in the time of air grinding process.
Organic treatment is mainly to improve the wettability and dispersion of titanium dioxide surface, so we often use dispersants such as coupling agent, high fatty acid unsaturated silicone and other treatment agents, which are used better in recent years.
2. Inorganic treatment
Inorganic surface treatment is mainly to make a layer of inorganic hydrated oxide film on the surface of titanium dioxide. During the process of inorganic treatment, sol and gel are used, and precipitation occurs during the process of treatment. A thin film will be formed on the surface to block the defects of the crystal, which will improve the chemical properties of titanium dioxide and, above all, improve the dispersibility of titanium dioxide.
In the appropriate temperature, stirring and acid-base, we can carry out inorganic treatment, which is already a well dispersed slurry. In the process of treatment, we must control the temperature, stirring and concentration of titanium dioxide slurry, so that the effect of inorganic treatment can be revealed.
In the process of using these two different processes, it should be noted that different organic and inorganic treatments should be carried out for different purpos
- January 11, 2021Following Chemrous tio2 price increasing in Asia market,China titanium dioxide tio2 suppliers announcesthe first time titanium dioxide price increasing $80-$100/ton in the year 2021view
- September 13, 2018Venator is to close its titanium dioxide (TiO2) plant in Pori, Finland, by 2021 due to "cost escalation and extended timeline" for its reconstruction following a fire in 2017, the US-headquartered che...view
- October 29, 2020Since October 28, 2020, China's titanium dioxide has started a second round of price increasing $150-$180 due to crazy titanium concentrate price going up.Moreover, stable supply is also a challenge f...view
- September 6, 2017According to market news, subject to strict environmental inspection, Today, Panzhihua vanadium and titanium industry park titanium manufacturers all stop production, some manufacturers said the recov...view
- September 6, 2017China titanium dioxide products will celebrate the rising sun Low excess capacity, high-capacity became insufficient supply of the pattern of development of China's titanium dioxide industry at prese...view
- June 9, 2020ISHIHARA SANGYO KAISHA, LTD. and its affiliates have announced aprice increase of TIPAQUETM titanium dioxide (TiO2) by US$200 permetric ton in the Asia-Pacific region effective as from July 1, 2020.view