Kronos Worldwide reports third quarter results
2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 18% as compared to the third quarter of 2012;
2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 21% in the first nine months of the year as compared to the same prior 2012;
2013 Q3 TiO2 sales volumes were approximately 4% higher as compared to the third quarter of 2012;
TiO2 sales volumes were approximately were 8% higher in the first nine months of 2013;
Average TiO2 selling prices at the end of 2013 Q3 were 1% higher than at the end of the second quarter of 2013 and were 7% lower than at the end of 2012;
The Company＇s TiO2 segment profit in the third quarter of 2013 was $2.4 million compared to segment profit of $42.0 million in the third quarter of 2012. Segment profit declined in the third quarter of 2013 primarily due to the net effects of lower average TiO2selling prices, lower raw material costs and higher sales and production volumes.
As expected, the cost of sales per metric ton of TiO2 sold in the third quarter of 2013 was lower than the cost of sales per metric ton of TiO2 sold in the third quarter of 2012, primarily due to lower feedstock ore costs. Our cost of sales per metric ton of TiO2 sold in the first half of 2013 was significantly higher than TiO2 sold in the first half of 2012, as a substantial portion of the TiO2 products we sold in the first quarter of 2013 (and a portion of the TiO2 products we sold in the second quarter of 2013) was produced with significantly higher-cost feedstock ore purchased in 2012.
Kronos' TiO2 production volumes were 15% higher in the third quarter of 2013 as compared to the third quarter of 2012, and were 1% higher in the year-to-date period. During the first nine months of 2013, Kronos operated its facilities at approximately 88% of practical capacity primarily to align production and inventory levels to current and anticipated near-term customer demand levels.
- September 6, 2017Believe most of the importers for China Tio2 have felt the price-up tendency with past continuous months. It is getting harder to have new order with much more lower price any more from first level Ch...view
- September 6, 2017With the raw material cost increases of 2016 set to continue into 2017, leading coatings manufacturer Hempel has announced price increases of certain products.The cost of many raw materials used in th...view
- September 6, 2017PPG Industries＇ industrial coatings business has introduced POWERCRON EPIC electrocoats (e-coats), a line of next-generation, cationic-epoxy products that will be used for the first time in North America ...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont, which is making a big push into the agriculture market, reported a steeper-than-expected 3 percent fall in quarterly revenue as severe winter in North America delayed the planting of crops. Sa...view
- August 8, 2017Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd. and its affiliates have announced a price increase of Tipaque® titanium dioxide (TiO2) by US$250 per metric ton in the Asia-Pacific region effective as from July 1st, ...view
- January 10, 2018The plastic industry is the second largest user of titanium dioxide. Generally, the consumption of titanium dioxide in the plastic field accounts for 20% of the consumption of titanium dioxide in the ...view