Kronos Worldwide reports third quarter results
2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 18% as compared to the third quarter of 2012;
2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 21% in the first nine months of the year as compared to the same prior 2012;
2013 Q3 TiO2 sales volumes were approximately 4% higher as compared to the third quarter of 2012;
TiO2 sales volumes were approximately were 8% higher in the first nine months of 2013;
Average TiO2 selling prices at the end of 2013 Q3 were 1% higher than at the end of the second quarter of 2013 and were 7% lower than at the end of 2012;
The Company＇s TiO2 segment profit in the third quarter of 2013 was $2.4 million compared to segment profit of $42.0 million in the third quarter of 2012. Segment profit declined in the third quarter of 2013 primarily due to the net effects of lower average TiO2selling prices, lower raw material costs and higher sales and production volumes.
As expected, the cost of sales per metric ton of TiO2 sold in the third quarter of 2013 was lower than the cost of sales per metric ton of TiO2 sold in the third quarter of 2012, primarily due to lower feedstock ore costs. Our cost of sales per metric ton of TiO2 sold in the first half of 2013 was significantly higher than TiO2 sold in the first half of 2012, as a substantial portion of the TiO2 products we sold in the first quarter of 2013 (and a portion of the TiO2 products we sold in the second quarter of 2013) was produced with significantly higher-cost feedstock ore purchased in 2012.
Kronos' TiO2 production volumes were 15% higher in the third quarter of 2013 as compared to the third quarter of 2012, and were 1% higher in the year-to-date period. During the first nine months of 2013, Kronos operated its facilities at approximately 88% of practical capacity primarily to align production and inventory levels to current and anticipated near-term customer demand levels.
- February 7, 2018As China RMB rate to USD is arising around 5.6% since Dec,2017,declinng 6.62 to 6.25. China Tio2 suppliers announces titanium dioxide tio2 new price increasing $150/ton in February.view
- January 10, 2018Papermaking is the third largest user of titanium dioxide industry. Low-grade paper generally does not use titanium dioxide as raw materials because of the production cost. They mainly use china clay,...view
- September 6, 2017PPG Industries＇ industrial coatings business has introduced POWERCRON EPIC electrocoats (e-coats), a line of next-generation, cationic-epoxy products that will be used for the first time in North America ...view
- September 6, 2017EuPC, the European group of plastics converters, has launched a new sector group: MedPharmPlast Europe. Focussing on the medical and pharmaceutical sector, the group has emerged from a need identifie...view
- September 6, 2017Believe most of the importers for China Tio2 have felt the price-up tendency with past continuous months. It is getting harder to have new order with much more lower price any more from first level Ch...view
- September 6, 2017In the year under review, domestic sales of titanium dioxide remained mostly unchanged from the previous year, buoyed by firm internal demand. However, overseas sales declined in both volume and value...view