Rubber prices continue to fall over China property prices
Bloomberg reports, "Rubber in Tokyo and Shanghai sank as concern grew that property prices in China will retreat, weakening raw-material demand from the largest consumer.
Futures for July delivery on the Tokyo Commodity Exchange lost 4.3 percent to 217.2 yen a kilogram ($2,123 a metric ton). It was the biggest daily drop at close for a most-active contract since February 6. Rubber for May delivery on the Shanghai Futures Exchange plunged by the daily price limit to 14,805 yuan ($2,429) a ton. That’s the lowest close for Shanghai futures since May 2009. New-home price growth in China’s first-tier cities slowed in January after local governments implemented property measures to rein in escalating values and banks tightened lending. Home prices in the southern business hubs of Guangzhou and Shenzhen rose at the slowest pace since July. “Chinese investors rushed to sell riskier assets from stocks to copper and rubber as concerns grew property bubbles in China may burst,” said Gu Jiong, an analyst at Yutaka Shoji Co., a commodity broker in Tokyo. China’s stocks fell yesterday, sending the benchmark index to its biggest loss in seven weeks, amid speculation that reduced lending to the property industry will curb growth in the world’s second-largest economy. The Shanghai Securities News reported Industrial Bank Co. and other banks have curbed lending to the property sector and some related industries such as steel and cement."
- February 7, 2018As China RMB rate to USD is arising around 5.6% since Dec,2017,declinng 6.62 to 6.25. China Tio2 suppliers announces titanium dioxide tio2 new price increasing $150/ton in February.view
- December 10, 2019InNovember 2019, China's Titanium Dioxide Production 267,700 Tons, a decrease of2.52% month-on-month and an increase of 6.94%. In January-November 2019, theincremental output was 2.858 million tons, a...view
- September 6, 2017China titanium dioxide products will celebrate the rising sun Low excess capacity, high-capacity became insufficient supply of the pattern of development of China's titanium dioxide industry at prese...view
- February 27, 2020Venator Announces Global Titanium Dioxide Price IncreasesVenator Materials PLC (“Venator”) (NYSE:VNTR) today announced global price increases for all its titanium dioxide pigments for coatings, plas...view
- September 6, 2017The production of titanium-zirconium concentrate has been launched in North Kazakhstan province, governor of North Kazakhstan province Samat Eskendirov said on Dec.6 at a briefing in Central Communica...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont said on Thursday that Mark Vergano, a 26-year veteran, will become chief ＥＸＥＣutive of the chemical conglomerate＇s titanium dioxide business when it is spun off next year. Vergnano will oversee the new company and ...view