Russia to create special economic zone Titanium Valley
About 9.5 billion roubles (1 rouble roughly equals 32.9 U.S. dollars) will be allocated to the Urals Sverdlovsk region to create a special economic zone Titanium Valley, according to the government’s resolution published on Wednesday on its official website.
In 2011-2013, a total of 951 million roubles were allocated for these purposes from the Sverdlovsk region budget, in 2014 the sum is planned at 841 million roubles. But an overall cost of the construction of the first phase of infrastructure facilities in 2012-2016 is estimated at 25.031 billion roubles. So, the Russian government thinks that if the project is financed from the regional budget and off-budget sources (12.4 billion roubles) only, the timeframe of the project will inevitably be extended, hence the development of the zone will be hindered. It is planned to create 2,160 new jobs in the Titanium Valley zone by 2023. Tax revenues are expected to reach 11.5 billion roubles by that time.
In this context, the Russian government has decided to transfer an additional sum of at least 4.7 billion roubles to the Sverdlovsk region budget and instructed the ministry of economic development and the ministry of finance to fix extra sums of up to 4.8 billion roubles as allocations to the Sverdlovsk region in the federal budget for 2015 and a bigger period of up to 2017.
- September 6, 2017Kronos Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: KRO) announced that its board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend of fifteen cents ($0.15) per share on its common stock, payable on December 19, 2013 ...view
- September 23, 2020Two common surface treatment methods of titanium dioxide
- December 10, 2019InNovember 2019, China's Titanium Dioxide Production 267,700 Tons, a decrease of2.52% month-on-month and an increase of 6.94%. In January-November 2019, theincremental output was 2.858 million tons, a...view
- March 13, 2020Tronox announces to have price increase of USD 120per metric ton for titanium dioxide in Asia Pacific since 1th,April,2020view
- February 8, 2021China's titanium dioxide prices have risen again since Feb. 07., 2021, the price increase is @RMB1000/mt , @USD150/mt. As the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday is approaching, most of the export goods ca...view
- September 6, 2017A producer of titanium dioxide and titanium chemicals, Cristal, will invest $64 million to expand its two Ashtabula, Ohio, manufacturing facilities with plans to create 25 jobs in the region."This is ...view