DuPont says Vergnano will run titanium dioxide spinoff
DuPont said on Thursday that Mark Vergano, a 26-year veteran, will become chief ＥＸＥＣutive of the chemical conglomerate＇s titanium dioxide business when it is spun off next year.
Vergnano will oversee the new company and its 7,500 employees after the spinoff, set for the second quarter of 2015. Vergnano, 55, currently oversees the unit within DuPont.
Delaware-based DuPont first announced the deal last October, saying it would use a complex, tax-free transaction to effectively give existing DuPont shareholders 100 percent ownership.
The new company, which makes titanium dioxide, a popular pigment found in products ranging from car paint to sunscreen, is expected to be publicly traded.
Ellen Kullman will remain CEO of DuPont, which is focusing more on agricultural products.
- September 6, 2017DuPont (DD.N) said on Thursday it will spin off its titanium dioxide unit into a separately traded public company within 18 months, yielding to intense pressure from Wall Street to divest the volatile...view
- September 6, 2017A producer of titanium dioxide and titanium chemicals, Cristal, will invest $64 million to expand its two Ashtabula, Ohio, manufacturing facilities with plans to create 25 jobs in the region."This is ...view
- September 6, 2017Kenmare Resources plc advises that it will announce its Preliminary Results for the 12 months ended 31st December 2013 on 12 March 2014. An analyst briefing will be held at 8:00am BST at the offices o...view
- September 6, 2017Tronox Limited announced a definitive agreement to acquire the TiO2 business of Cristal, a privately held global chemical and mining company, for $1.673 billion of cash and Class A ordinary shares rep...view
- December 20, 2017In December, due to air pollution problem,the largest China production region----Panzhihua district all stop tio2production, which will influence 20% of China total tio2 production capacity. Furthermo...view
- September 6, 2017Highlights:2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 18% as compared to the third quarter of 2012;2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 21% in the first nine months of the year as compared...view