DuPont says Vergnano will run titanium dioxide spinoff
DuPont said on Thursday that Mark Vergano, a 26-year veteran, will become chief ＥＸＥＣutive of the chemical conglomerate＇s titanium dioxide business when it is spun off next year.
Vergnano will oversee the new company and its 7,500 employees after the spinoff, set for the second quarter of 2015. Vergnano, 55, currently oversees the unit within DuPont.
Delaware-based DuPont first announced the deal last October, saying it would use a complex, tax-free transaction to effectively give existing DuPont shareholders 100 percent ownership.
The new company, which makes titanium dioxide, a popular pigment found in products ranging from car paint to sunscreen, is expected to be publicly traded.
Ellen Kullman will remain CEO of DuPont, which is focusing more on agricultural products.
- April 22, 2020In March 2020, China's titanium dioxideproduction was 292,400 tons, an increase of about 70,000 tons from February, anincrease of 35.49%, and an increase of 6.74% compared with last year. In the first...view
- September 6, 2017There are plans to produce about 40,000 tonnes of offset and writing paperA new modern production of paper will soon be established in Uzbekistan, on the basis of local Namangan kogozi plant. The new ...view
- September 6, 2017Recently, the relevant state agencies announced the 2016 titanium dioxide production. According to the National Chemical Industry Productivity Promotion Center Titanium Dioxide Center and the titanium...view
- September 6, 2017THE WOODLANDS, Texas – Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) today announced global price increases for all its titanium dioxide pigments.The following increases are effective April 1, 2017 or as contract...view
- September 6, 2017AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.The company has signed a j...view
- September 6, 2017Huntsman Pigments has been shortlisted for the innovation award at the inaugural Made in the North East Awards.Manufacturing companies from across the North East of England are set to battle it out at...view