DuPont says Vergnano will run titanium dioxide spinoff
DuPont said on Thursday that Mark Vergano, a 26-year veteran, will become chief ＥＸＥＣutive of the chemical conglomerate＇s titanium dioxide business when it is spun off next year.
Vergnano will oversee the new company and its 7,500 employees after the spinoff, set for the second quarter of 2015. Vergnano, 55, currently oversees the unit within DuPont.
Delaware-based DuPont first announced the deal last October, saying it would use a complex, tax-free transaction to effectively give existing DuPont shareholders 100 percent ownership.
The new company, which makes titanium dioxide, a popular pigment found in products ranging from car paint to sunscreen, is expected to be publicly traded.
Ellen Kullman will remain CEO of DuPont, which is focusing more on agricultural products.
- September 6, 2017Bringing their designer-inspired colors and wallpapers to a larger audience of homeowners, HGTV and Sherwin-Williams have launched HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams in Canada. First introduced to the U.S....view
- September 6, 2017Bloomberg reports, "Rubber in Tokyo and Shanghai sank as concern grew that property prices in China will retreat, weakening raw-material demand from the largest consumer. Futures for July delivery on ...view
- August 8, 2017Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd. and its affiliates have announced a price increase of Tipaque® titanium dioxide (TiO2) by US$250 per metric ton in the Asia-Pacific region effective as from July 1st, ...view
- September 6, 20172.4 Macro economy In 2012, the second year of the 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-2015) period, GDP dropped in the first three quarters to 8.1%, 7.6% and 7.4% respectively. From the year 2011 to Q3 2013, Ch...view
- February 7, 2018As China RMB rate to USD is arising around 5.6% since Dec,2017,declinng 6.62 to 6.25. China Tio2 suppliers announces titanium dioxide tio2 new price increasing $150/ton in February.view
- September 6, 2017Russia＇s VSMPO-Avisma, the world＇s biggest producer of titanium, expects profits to rise 25 percent to some $250 million this year due to robust demand from the aerospace industry, the firm＇s key customer. While ...view