The domestic sales of TiO2 do not improve while the export sales see increases
"According to statistics of CCM, in May 2014, exports of China’s TiO2 manufacturers recorded high. However, affected by the downturn of downstream market, imports remained weak. In July, the domestic sales of TiO2 do not improve while the export sales see increases. Also, price of TiO2 encounters slight increase but still remains at low level.
Nevertheless, due to the downturn of titanium slag market, transaction prices of acid dissolved titanium slag and high titanium slag falls back again.
What’s more, the future development of real estate market will stimulate the demand for coating so as to drive the capacity expansion; however, since sulfuric acid process is still be used in TiO2 production in China, low-end overcapacity will be caused to some extent. Meantime, TiO2 enterprises will keep facing huge environmental pressure because of serious three wastes emission from sulfuric acid process.
The RMB/USD exchange rate in this issue is USD1.00=RMB6.1523 on 1 July, 2014, sourced from the People's Bank of China. All the prices mentioned in this newsletter include the VAT unless otherwise specified. If there is any specific topic you would like us to cover or any subjects you would like us to investigate."
- September 6, 2017Clariant and Huntsman Corporation announced a merger of equals through an all-stock transaction. The merged company will be named HuntsmanClariant. The transaction is targeted to close by year end 201...view
- September 6, 2017AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.The company has signed a j...view
- September 6, 2017A producer of titanium dioxide and titanium chemicals, Cristal, will invest $64 million to expand its two Ashtabula, Ohio, manufacturing facilities with plans to create 25 jobs in the region."This is ...view
- September 6, 2017Hostmann-Steinberg announced its Platinum Sponsorship at this year’s annual PrintUV Conference. The company is eager to discuss with the printers attending this year’s conference its complete UV pro...view
- February 11, 2019Venator announces a new price increasing of $0.07 per pound for all grades of titanium dioxide for customers in the United States and Canada. since 1th,February,2019.view
- January 10, 2018Pure titanium dioxide is a kinds of fine white powder that provides bright white pigments. Titanium dioxide has been used a whole century in many industrial and consumer products including paints, coa...view