PPG PMC celebrates 20th anniversary of polysiloxane coatings
PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) protective and marine coatings business is celebrating the 20th anniversary of polysiloxane coatings, for which PPG was granted the first patent on Jan. 4, 1994.
Tim Knavish, PPG vice president, protective and marine coatings, said polysiloxane coatings have revolutionized the protective and marine coatings industry, expanding into applications such as civil infrastructure, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), government, water and wastewater, petrochemical, offshore, rail, power generation and wind energy.
PPG polysiloxane products, specifically the PSX brand of coatings, have been used to coat more than 1 billion square feet of surface area. ＇With the sheer number of applications and success stories, polysiloxane is now considered a mature technology,＇ Knavish explained. ＇Thanks to sustained technical advances by PPG scientists and engineers over the past two decades, PSX coatings remain the leader in this field.＇
In the 20 years since being introduced, PSX coatings have been refined continually to meet specific customer needs. Recent innovations include a semi-gloss version for the government marine industry, a single-component formulation for easier maintenance, and a new ultra-low-VOC (volatile organic compound) PSX coating.
Polysiloxane coating technology by PPG offers benefits compared to traditional epoxy coatings systems such as low odor, low VOC content, excellent abrasion resistance, stronger adhesion, extended color and gloss retention, increased corrosion resistance and low surface tension. As a two-coat system, PSX coatings provide cost and labor savings compared to three-layer systems, and they are safer because they contain no isocyanates.
- December 20, 2017In December, due to air pollution problem,the largest China production region----Panzhihua district all stop tio2production, which will influence 20% of China total tio2 production capacity. Furthermo...view
- September 6, 2017A important tio2 factory in China Northwest stop production due to mudslides hit and the factory will have to be shut down at least two months.It's estimated that the titanium dioxide price in China ...view
- September 6, 2017The following is a Q&A interview with Argex Titanium Chief Financial Officer and Director Mark BillingsThanks for speaking with us today Mark, can you tell me about Argex?Argex Titanium Inc. (TSX:...view
- September 6, 2017Tronox Limited announced a definitive agreement to acquire the TiO2 business of Cristal, a privately held global chemical and mining company, for $1.673 billion of cash and Class A ordinary shares rep...view
- September 6, 2017According to the German Coatings Association survey, in nearly 250 enterprises, most companies because of raw material prices continue to rise, so that the paint business has been greatly affected, on...view
- September 6, 2017China titanium dioxide products will celebrate the rising sun Low excess capacity, high-capacity became insufficient supply of the pattern of development of China's titanium dioxide industry at prese...view