PPG Unveils POWERCRON EPIC E-coats
PPG Industries＇ industrial coatings business has introduced POWERCRON EPIC electrocoats (e-coats), a line of next-generation, cationic-epoxy products that will be used for the first time in North America by MetoKote Corp., Lima, Ohio, a key PPG partner.
Powercron EPIC e-coats offer several performance and environmental advantages over competing products because they are formulated with metal-free catalyst technology developed and patented by PPG.
Powercron EPIC e-coats cure at temperatures as low as 320 F, compared to 350-375 F for existing cationic-epoxy e-coat products, which enables manufacturers to reduce energy costs and related carbon emissions. They also can achieve more uniform film builds on complex parts because of the coatings＇ improved throwpower.
The metal-free catalyst technology also enables Powercron EPIC e-coats to be formulated without tin, bismuth and other heavy-metal-based compounds. As a result they will comply with emerging regulatory trends, such as new REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemical Substances) mandates in the European Union that will restrict the use of certain tin-based compounds beginning in January 2015.
John Shaffer, PPG product manager, electrocoat, said, "Global reserves of bismuth are uncertain, and other heavy-metal compounds are increasingly subject to restrictive environmental mandates. Powercron EPIC e-coats will help manufacturers comply with evolving global environmental standards, protect them from cost volatility and enable them to manufacture products more efficiently."
Joe Tirado, MetoKote global director, technology and quality, said his company is pleased to partner with PPG on the launch of Powercron EPIC e-coats. "We believe these e-coats represent a new generation of coatings solutions that will help global manufacturers maintain compliance with global environmental standards while providing them with the excellent corrosion protection and finish quality they have come to expect from PPG products."
As one of the world's largest coatings manufacturers, PPG offers a comprehensive array of electrocoat, pretreatment, liquid and powder products for metal finishing to manufacturers in numerous industries. In addition to providing a broad range of industrial coatings and a full spectrum of color choices, PPG backs its products with industry-leading technical expertise delivered through an international customer support network. With 50 years of experience in e-coat, PPG offers solutions to some of the industry＇s toughest corrosion challenges.
- September 6, 2017Bringing their designer-inspired colors and wallpapers to a larger audience of homeowners, HGTV and Sherwin-Williams have launched HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams in Canada. First introduced to the U.S....view
- September 6, 2017Due to the raw material price of titanium dioxide still keep in rising, and China government pressure on environmental protection , most tio2 factories can't in full load production, combined with the...view
- September 6, 2017It is reported that some vanadium titanium steel plants in the Chinese Sichuan Province have faced production suspension due to weak market demand, continuously falling steel prices and low margin rat...view
- September 6, 2017Believe most of the importers for China Tio2 have felt the price-up tendency with past continuous months. It is getting harder to have new order with much more lower price any more from first level Ch...view
- December 20, 2017In December, due to air pollution problem,the largest China production region----Panzhihua district all stop tio2production, which will influence 20% of China total tio2 production capacity. Furthermo...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont said on Thursday that Mark Vergano, a 26-year veteran, will become chief ＥＸＥＣutive of the chemical conglomerate＇s titanium dioxide business when it is spun off next year. Vergnano will oversee the new company and ...view