AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- September 6, 2017WILMINGTON, Del., Feb. 6, 2017 -- The Chemours Company (Chemours) (NYSE: CC), today announced a price increase on all Ti-Pure ™titanium dioxide grades sold in North America, Canada, Asia- Pacifi...view
- February 19, 2019Following VENATOR price increasing letterreleased on January 31st,2019, China tio2 market price increase $100/mt after China Lunar New Year,.It's estimated that tio2 trends will be still warm in the c...view
- September 6, 2017The following is a Q&A interview with Argex Titanium Chief Financial Officer and Director Mark BillingsThanks for speaking with us today Mark, can you tell me about Argex?Argex Titanium Inc. (TSX:...view
- August 8, 2017Clariant and Huntsman Corporation announced a merger of equals through an all-stock transaction. The merged company will be named HuntsmanClariant. The transaction is targeted to close by year end 201...view
- September 6, 2017Clariant and Huntsman Corporation announced a merger of equals through an all-stock transaction. The merged company will be named HuntsmanClariant. The transaction is targeted to close by year end 201...view
- January 2, 2019In November 2018, China exported 69984.836 tons of titanium dioxide, a decrease of 8.33% compared with the previous year, an increase of 11.13% annually. India, the United States and South Korea were ...view