AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- January 10, 2018Pure titanium dioxide is a kinds of fine white powder that provides bright white pigments. Titanium dioxide has been used a whole century in many industrial and consumer products including paints, coa...view
- September 6, 2017In the year under review, domestic sales of titanium dioxide remained mostly unchanged from the previous year, buoyed by firm internal demand. However, overseas sales declined in both volume and value...view
- September 6, 2017The production of titanium-zirconium concentrate has been launched in North Kazakhstan province, governor of North Kazakhstan province Samat Eskendirov said on Dec.6 at a briefing in Central Communica...view
- September 6, 2017Bloomberg reports, "Rubber in Tokyo and Shanghai sank as concern grew that property prices in China will retreat, weakening raw-material demand from the largest consumer. Futures for July delivery on ...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont, which is making a big push into the agriculture market, reported a steeper-than-expected 3 percent fall in quarterly revenue as severe winter in North America delayed the planting of crops. Sa...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont (DD.N) said on Thursday it will spin off its titanium dioxide unit into a separately traded public company within 18 months, yielding to intense pressure from Wall Street to divest the volatile...view