AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- September 6, 2017Hostmann-Steinberg announced its Platinum Sponsorship at this year’s annual PrintUV Conference. The company is eager to discuss with the printers attending this year’s conference its complete UV pro...view
- April 8, 2019According to thestatistics provided by the General Administration of Customs, in February 2019,China imported 8,404.44 tons of titanium dioxide, decreased by 2.81% comparedwith last year and decreased...view
- April 26, 2019Tronox has completed the acquisition of Cristal's titanium dioxide business in North America by Cristal on May 1, 2019, will be stripped off in Connecticut, and on April 10, 2019 / AP / Tronox Holding...view
- September 6, 2017Mainstream titanium ore prices steady. Low-cost resources currently on the market has basically disappeared, 46.5% in Panxi 10 mines have no less than 600 yuan / ton offer small plant resources concen...view
- September 6, 2017Huntsman Pigments has been shortlisted for the innovation award at the inaugural Made in the North East Awards.Manufacturing companies from across the North East of England are set to battle it out at...view
- September 6, 2017Clariant and Huntsman Corporation announced a merger of equals through an all-stock transaction. The merged company will be named HuntsmanClariant. The transaction is targeted to close by year end 201...view