AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- December 20, 2017In December, due to air pollution problem,the largest China production region----Panzhihua district all stop tio2production, which will influence 20% of China total tio2 production capacity. Furthermo...view
- September 6, 2017Tronox Limited announced a definitive agreement to acquire the TiO2 business of Cristal, a privately held global chemical and mining company, for $1.673 billion of cash and Class A ordinary shares rep...view
- September 6, 2017There are plans to produce about 40,000 tonnes of offset and writing paperA new modern production of paper will soon be established in Uzbekistan, on the basis of local Namangan kogozi plant. The new ...view
- August 8, 2017According to the German Coatings Association survey, in nearly 250 enterprises, most companies because of raw material prices continue to rise, so that the paint business has been greatly affected, on...view
- January 10, 2018In recent years, the needs for titanium dioxide has been on the rise continuously in the world. With the continuous subdivision of global market of titanium dioxide, the market demand is increasing gr...view
- September 6, 2017Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd. and its affiliates have announced a price increase of Tipaque® titanium dioxide (TiO2) by US$250 per metric ton in the Asia-Pacific region effective as from July 1st, ...view