AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- November 13, 2017Lomon billions is expected to stop limitingproduction to reduce titanium dioxide 30% production since 15th Nov, do not rule out thepossibility of price adjustment Lomon billions November 9th eveninga...view
- September 6, 2017Kenmare Resources plc advises that it will announce its Preliminary Results for the 12 months ended 31st December 2013 on 12 March 2014. An analyst briefing will be held at 8:00am BST at the offices o...view
- September 20, 2017According to consulting company Grand View Researchlatest research report analyzes, driven by increased specialty coatings andother consumer demand, global titanium dioxide market value will reach USd...view
- September 6, 2017Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. LLC announced Oct. 31 that it had sold a polystyrene manufacturing plant in China to Grand Astor Ltd.Chevron Phillips said the PS resin plant, in Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu pr...view
- June 29, 2018ISK Announces New Price Increasing of Titanium Dioxide in the Asia- Price Increase of Titanium Dioxide in the Asia-Pacific Regionview
- September 6, 2017Mainstream titanium ore prices steady. Low-cost resources currently on the market has basically disappeared, 46.5% in Panxi 10 mines have no less than 600 yuan / ton offer small plant resources concen...view