AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- September 6, 20172.4 Macro economy In 2012, the second year of the 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-2015) period, GDP dropped in the first three quarters to 8.1%, 7.6% and 7.4% respectively. From the year 2011 to Q3 2013, Ch...view
- September 6, 2017PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) protective and marine coatings business is celebrating the 20th anniversary of polysiloxane coatings, for which PPG was granted the first patent on Jan. 4, 1994. Tim Knavish, PP...view
- November 20, 2019CHINACOAT 2019 is held during Nov.18-20, 2019 at Shanghai, China. After23 years’ continuous development, CHINACOAT aims toproviding an international trade platform for suppliers and manufacturers of ...view
- June 29, 2018ISK Announces New Price Increasing of Titanium Dioxide in the Asia- Price Increase of Titanium Dioxide in the Asia-Pacific Regionview
- September 6, 2017It is reported that some vanadium titanium steel plants in the Chinese Sichuan Province have faced production suspension due to weak market demand, continuously falling steel prices and low margin rat...view
- January 23, 2019Accordingto customs statistics, in December 2018, China's titanium dioxide imports were13,905.98 tons, a decrease of 5.05% year-on-year and a decrease of 23.56%. Thecumulative imports from January to ...view