AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- March 12, 2019Due to trade war trends between China and USA getting easing now,people are optimistic about economic in the new Year 2019. China titanium dioxide suppliers make a new price increasing $80-$100/ton i...view
- September 6, 2017THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Jan. 31, 2017 -- A fire started January 30 at Huntsman Corporation's (HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have be...view
- February 19, 2019Following VENATOR price increasing letterreleased on January 31st,2019, China tio2 market price increase $100/mt after China Lunar New Year,.It's estimated that tio2 trends will be still warm in the c...view
- January 10, 2018Papermaking is the third largest user of titanium dioxide industry. Low-grade paper generally does not use titanium dioxide as raw materials because of the production cost. They mainly use china clay,...view
- August 5, 2019China suppliers announces a new titanium dioxide price increasing $50-$80 in the August,2019.As raw materials going up and environmental cost increasing,it's estimated that the trends starts to get st...view
- September 6, 2017According to market news, subject to strict environmental inspection, Today, Panzhihua vanadium and titanium industry park titanium manufacturers all stop production, some manufacturers said the recov...view