AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- May 16, 2018As entering into May, China titanium dioxide suppliers announcenot to adjust price at current stage after May ,it's estimated that China tio2price trends will be stable in the coming month.view
- September 3, 2019China suppliers announces a new titanium dioxide price increasing $50-$80 in the September,2019.This is the second time China tio2 suppliers adjust price in one month.It's estimated that the trends wi...view
- September 6, 2017It is reported that some vanadium titanium steel plants in the Chinese Sichuan Province have faced production suspension due to weak market demand, continuously falling steel prices and low margin rat...view
- September 6, 2017Highlights:2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 18% as compared to the third quarter of 2012;2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 21% in the first nine months of the year as compared...view
- September 6, 2017Although imports of TiO2 from Australia to China has increased enormously, imports in Feb. is still greatly reduced due to the following reasons. One reason is that the imports from the US (a major im...view
- September 6, 2017The following is a Q&A interview with Argex Titanium Chief Financial Officer and Director Mark BillingsThanks for speaking with us today Mark, can you tell me about Argex?Argex Titanium Inc. (TSX:...view