AkzoNobel Agrees JV deal in Oman to Boost Middle East Presence
AkzoNobel has expanded its presence in the Middle East after acquiring a 50 percent stake and management control of Sadolin Paints Oman SAOC, which employs around 150 people.
The company has signed a joint venture agreement with Omar Zawawi Establishment LLC (promoter and shareholder of Sadolin Paints) which involves the manufacture and sale of decorative paints and performance coatings in Oman. Financial details were not disclosed.
"This agreement forms part of AkzoNobel’s growths plans for the Middle East," said Conrad Keijzer, the company＇s Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "Bringing our decorative paints and performance coatings expertise under one roof in Oman will provide a strong platform to support our customers in this increasingly important market."
Added Peter Tomlinson, Managing Director of AkzoNobel in the Middle East, who is based at the company＇s regional head office in Dubai: "With governments investing more into construction, local production is becoming increasingly important. Our paints and coatings activities in Oman will now be well placed to effectively supply customers in the construction, transportation and oil and gas sectors."
Chairman of the Omzest Group, Dr. Omar Zawawi, commented: "We are delighted with this agreement, which enhances Sadolin Paints＇ profile in the market and provides access to leading edge technology. It also creates an organization which will offer key benefits to all stakeholders, including employees. In addition, it will open up new markets which could not have been developed by Sadolin as an independent company. We are therefore very pleased to have become part of AkzoNobel."
He added that the Omzest Group will remain a significant shareholder and will appoint three members to the joint venture＇s Board of Management. AkzoNobel will also make investments to support the enlarged business portfolio across the Middle East region while leveraging Sadolin＇s existing reputation and network.
- September 6, 2017European Union and Canadian plastics exporters are to benefit from a new free trade deal. Once the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) has been ratified (probably in 2015), it will lead ...view
- September 28, 2017Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd. and its affiliates have announced a priceincrease of Tipaque® titanium dioxide (TiO2) by US$200 per metric ton inthe Asia-Pacific region effective as from October 1st,...view
- September 6, 2017Indonesia＇s main rubber grouping is calling on the world＇s second largest producer to cut output next year by 10 percent, while urging other Southeast Asia rubber-growing countries to do the same to reduce gl...view
- September 6, 2017Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) and Rockwood Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ROC) today announced completion of an important milestone in Huntsman’s pending acquisition of Rockwood’s Performance Additives a...view
- September 6, 2017Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. LLC announced Oct. 31 that it had sold a polystyrene manufacturing plant in China to Grand Astor Ltd.Chevron Phillips said the PS resin plant, in Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu pr...view
- September 6, 2017THE WOODLANDS, Texas – Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) today announced global price increases for all its titanium dioxide pigments.The following increases are effective April 1, 2017 or as contract...view