Plastics exporters to benefit from EU-Canada trade deal
European Union and Canadian plastics exporters are to benefit from a new free trade deal. Once the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) has been ratified (probably in 2015), it will lead to all existing non-food duties imposed on good traded between the parties being scrapped.
This will mean an end to 6.5 percent duties levied by the EU and Canada on imports of each other＇s plastic tubes, pipes and hoses, and fittings; plastic floor coverings; lavatory seats and covers; plastic sacks and bags; and tableware, kitchenware and other household articles.
Also being scrapped is the 2-6.5 percent levy charged by Canada on EU plastic self-adhesive plates, sheets, film, foil, tape, strip and other flat shapes; and the 6.3 percent duties charged by the EU on these products when made in Canada. And the 3 percent duties charged by Canada on EU exports of melamine resins, and the 6.5 percent duties charged by the EU on Canadian exports of the same, will go.
European Commission president José Manuel Barroso said: "This agreement will provide significant new opportunities for companies in the EU and in Canada by increasing market access for goods and services."
The EU already sells substantial volumes of plastics to Canada. In 2012 it exported US$49.4 million worth of plastic plates, sheets, film, foil and strip; US$45.2 million worth of plastic tubes, pipes and hoses, and fittings. It also sold US$7.2 million worth of plastic tableware and kitchenware.
As for Canadian exporters, in 2012 they sold US$33.1 million worth of plastic plates, sheets, film, foil and strip to the EU, and US$8.9 million worth of plastic tubes, pipes and hoses, and fittings; and US$2.1 million worth of tableware and kitchenware, for instance.
- December 20, 2017In December, due to air pollution problem,the largest China production region----Panzhihua district all stop tio2production, which will influence 20% of China total tio2 production capacity. Furthermo...view
- September 6, 2017Hostmann-Steinberg announced its Platinum Sponsorship at this year’s annual PrintUV Conference. The company is eager to discuss with the printers attending this year’s conference its complete UV pro...view
- September 6, 2017In the year under review, domestic sales of titanium dioxide remained mostly unchanged from the previous year, buoyed by firm internal demand. However, overseas sales declined in both volume and value...view
- November 13, 2017Lomon billions is expected to stop limitingproduction to reduce titanium dioxide 30% production since 15th Nov, do not rule out thepossibility of price adjustment Lomon billions November 9th eveninga...view
- September 6, 2017Date: Nov 12, 2013Venue: King Wing hotel, Beijing ChinaOrganized by: CHINA NATIONAL COATINGS INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION(CNCIA)Sponsored by: Titanium Dioxide Branch of CNCIAThemes:(i) to understand and inter...view
- September 6, 2017Mainstream titanium ore prices steady. Low-cost resources currently on the market has basically disappeared, 46.5% in Panxi 10 mines have no less than 600 yuan / ton offer small plant resources concen...view