Plastics exporters to benefit from EU-Canada trade deal
European Union and Canadian plastics exporters are to benefit from a new free trade deal. Once the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) has been ratified (probably in 2015), it will lead to all existing non-food duties imposed on good traded between the parties being scrapped.
This will mean an end to 6.5 percent duties levied by the EU and Canada on imports of each other＇s plastic tubes, pipes and hoses, and fittings; plastic floor coverings; lavatory seats and covers; plastic sacks and bags; and tableware, kitchenware and other household articles.
Also being scrapped is the 2-6.5 percent levy charged by Canada on EU plastic self-adhesive plates, sheets, film, foil, tape, strip and other flat shapes; and the 6.3 percent duties charged by the EU on these products when made in Canada. And the 3 percent duties charged by Canada on EU exports of melamine resins, and the 6.5 percent duties charged by the EU on Canadian exports of the same, will go.
European Commission president José Manuel Barroso said: "This agreement will provide significant new opportunities for companies in the EU and in Canada by increasing market access for goods and services."
The EU already sells substantial volumes of plastics to Canada. In 2012 it exported US$49.4 million worth of plastic plates, sheets, film, foil and strip; US$45.2 million worth of plastic tubes, pipes and hoses, and fittings. It also sold US$7.2 million worth of plastic tableware and kitchenware.
As for Canadian exporters, in 2012 they sold US$33.1 million worth of plastic plates, sheets, film, foil and strip to the EU, and US$8.9 million worth of plastic tubes, pipes and hoses, and fittings; and US$2.1 million worth of tableware and kitchenware, for instance.
- September 6, 2017DuPont (DD.N) said on Thursday it will spin off its titanium dioxide unit into a separately traded public company within 18 months, yielding to intense pressure from Wall Street to divest the volatile...view
- September 6, 2017A important tio2 factory in China Northwest stop production due to mudslides hit and the factory will have to be shut down at least two months.It's estimated that the titanium dioxide price in China ...view
- September 6, 2017Date: Nov 12, 2013Venue: King Wing hotel, Beijing ChinaOrganized by: CHINA NATIONAL COATINGS INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION(CNCIA)Sponsored by: Titanium Dioxide Branch of CNCIAThemes:(i) to understand and inter...view
- February 24, 2021Venator Materials PLC (“Venator”) today announced global price increases for all its titanium dioxide pigments for coatings, plastics, inks and paper applications. The increases are effective from A...view
- September 6, 2017Recently, the concept of the A -share market price popular . First Nickel Nickel stock market prices rose triggered the outbreak , then pick fluorine chemicals , refrigerants bring prices Juhuagufen (...view
- June 17, 2019Tronox announces to have price increase of USD 75 per metric ton for titanium dioxide in Asia Pacific due to continued pressure on feedstock pricing since 1th,July.view