PPG introduces ELECTROCOLOR 3500 coating for consumer electronics
PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) industrial coatings business has introduced ELECTROCOLOR® 3500 coating, an electrodeposition coating (e-coat) designed as a lightly-tinted clearcoat for application on metal surfaces of tablets, notebooks, smart phones and other consumer electronic devices.
Bill Barrett, PPG business development manager, consumer electronics, Americas, said the coating is engineered to provide aesthetic and performance benefits to manufacturers. "This new coating gives metal an organic appearance while protecting it from the chemicals, UV (ultraviolet) exposure and abrasion it will encounter in everyday use."
Electrocolor 3500 coating, which also can be used for appliances and other applications requiring a decorative metallic appearance, offers high yield rates for applicators due to its high transfer efficiency and color consistency.
- September 6, 2017PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) protective and marine coatings business is celebrating the 20th anniversary of polysiloxane coatings, for which PPG was granted the first patent on Jan. 4, 1994. Tim Knavish, PP...view
- September 6, 2017According to market news, subject to strict environmental inspection, Today, Panzhihua vanadium and titanium industry park titanium manufacturers all stop production, some manufacturers said the recov...view
- September 6, 2017European Union and Canadian plastics exporters are to benefit from a new free trade deal. Once the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) has been ratified (probably in 2015), it will lead ...view
- April 4, 2018The global Titanium Dioxide Market is expected to reach USD 28.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing application scope of the product as specialty co...view
- September 6, 2017Tronox Limited announced a definitive agreement to acquire the TiO2 business of Cristal, a privately held global chemical and mining company, for $1.673 billion of cash and Class A ordinary shares rep...view
- September 6, 2017A producer of titanium dioxide and titanium chemicals, Cristal, will invest $64 million to expand its two Ashtabula, Ohio, manufacturing facilities with plans to create 25 jobs in the region."This is ...view