PPG introduces ELECTROCOLOR 3500 coating for consumer electronics
PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) industrial coatings business has introduced ELECTROCOLOR® 3500 coating, an electrodeposition coating (e-coat) designed as a lightly-tinted clearcoat for application on metal surfaces of tablets, notebooks, smart phones and other consumer electronic devices.
Bill Barrett, PPG business development manager, consumer electronics, Americas, said the coating is engineered to provide aesthetic and performance benefits to manufacturers. "This new coating gives metal an organic appearance while protecting it from the chemicals, UV (ultraviolet) exposure and abrasion it will encounter in everyday use."
Electrocolor 3500 coating, which also can be used for appliances and other applications requiring a decorative metallic appearance, offers high yield rates for applicators due to its high transfer efficiency and color consistency.
- July 30, 2019PPG Industries Pittsburgh, reported sales for the second quarter of $4 billion, down 2.6% from the same period a year ago . Profit decreased 26.7% to $272 million.For the first six months, sales were...view
- September 6, 2017Highlights:2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 18% as compared to the third quarter of 2012;2013 Q3 average TiO2 selling prices decreased 21% in the first nine months of the year as compared...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont (DD.N) said on Thursday it will spin off its titanium dioxide unit into a separately traded public company within 18 months, yielding to intense pressure from Wall Street to divest the volatile...view
- September 6, 2017"According to statistics of CCM, in May 2014, exports of China’s TiO2 manufacturers recorded high. However, affected by the downturn of downstream market, imports remained weak. In July, the domestic...view
- April 8, 2019According to thestatistics provided by the General Administration of Customs, in February 2019,China imported 8,404.44 tons of titanium dioxide, decreased by 2.81% comparedwith last year and decreased...view
- September 6, 2017World Titanium Resources (ASX: WTR) has streamlined its board of directors to meet the challenges presented by the next stage of its Ranobe mineral sands project in Madagascar. Chairman Wayne Malouf a...view