PPG introduces ELECTROCOLOR 3500 coating for consumer electronics
PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) industrial coatings business has introduced ELECTROCOLOR® 3500 coating, an electrodeposition coating (e-coat) designed as a lightly-tinted clearcoat for application on metal surfaces of tablets, notebooks, smart phones and other consumer electronic devices.
Bill Barrett, PPG business development manager, consumer electronics, Americas, said the coating is engineered to provide aesthetic and performance benefits to manufacturers. "This new coating gives metal an organic appearance while protecting it from the chemicals, UV (ultraviolet) exposure and abrasion it will encounter in everyday use."
Electrocolor 3500 coating, which also can be used for appliances and other applications requiring a decorative metallic appearance, offers high yield rates for applicators due to its high transfer efficiency and color consistency.
- September 6, 2017With the raw material cost increases of 2016 set to continue into 2017, leading coatings manufacturer Hempel has announced price increases of certain products.The cost of many raw materials used in th...view
- September 6, 2017There are plans to produce about 40,000 tonnes of offset and writing paperA new modern production of paper will soon be established in Uzbekistan, on the basis of local Namangan kogozi plant. The new ...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont, which is making a big push into the agriculture market, reported a steeper-than-expected 3 percent fall in quarterly revenue as severe winter in North America delayed the planting of crops. Sa...view
- September 6, 2017U.S. chemicals maker PPG Industries Inc. announced it has reached an agreement to take over Mexican architectural and industrial coatings firm Consorcio Comex for $2.3 billion, as part of the planned ...view
- December 20, 2017In December, due to air pollution problem,the largest China production region----Panzhihua district all stop tio2production, which will influence 20% of China total tio2 production capacity. Furthermo...view
- September 6, 2017Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd. and its affiliates have announced a price increase of Tipaque® titanium dioxide (TiO2) by US$250 per metric ton in the Asia-Pacific region effective as from July 1st, ...view