Huntsman's Pori, Finland Facility Experiences Fire
HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire." THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Jan. 31, 2017 -- A fire started January 30 at Huntsman Corporation's (HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire.
Pori has a capacity of 130,000 metric tons, which represents approximately 15% of Huntsman's total titanium dioxide capacity and approximately 10% of total European demand. The site is insured for property damage as well as earnings losses. Huntsman is committed to repairing the facility as quickly as possible to ensure that customers can continue to receive the quality products offered by our Pori site.
The ongoing process to separate the Pigments and Additives business from Huntsman is proceeding.
- September 6, 2017DuPont (DD.N) said on Thursday it will spin off its titanium dioxide unit into a separately traded public company within 18 months, yielding to intense pressure from Wall Street to divest the volatile...view
- September 6, 2017There are plans to produce about 40,000 tonnes of offset and writing paperA new modern production of paper will soon be established in Uzbekistan, on the basis of local Namangan kogozi plant. The new ...view
- September 6, 2017PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) protective and marine coatings business is celebrating the 20th anniversary of polysiloxane coatings, for which PPG was granted the first patent on Jan. 4, 1994. Tim Knavish, PP...view
- September 6, 2017China titanium dioxide products will celebrate the rising sun Low excess capacity, high-capacity became insufficient supply of the pattern of development of China's titanium dioxide industry at prese...view
- September 6, 2017Tronox Limited announced a definitive agreement to acquire the TiO2 business of Cristal, a privately held global chemical and mining company, for $1.673 billion of cash and Class A ordinary shares rep...view
- September 6, 2017THE WOODLANDS, Texas – Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) today announced global price increases for all its titanium dioxide pigments.The following increases are effective April 1, 2017 or as contract...view