Huntsman's Pori, Finland Facility Experiences Fire
HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire." THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Jan. 31, 2017 -- A fire started January 30 at Huntsman Corporation's (HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire.
Pori has a capacity of 130,000 metric tons, which represents approximately 15% of Huntsman's total titanium dioxide capacity and approximately 10% of total European demand. The site is insured for property damage as well as earnings losses. Huntsman is committed to repairing the facility as quickly as possible to ensure that customers can continue to receive the quality products offered by our Pori site.
The ongoing process to separate the Pigments and Additives business from Huntsman is proceeding.
- September 6, 2017DuPont (DD.N) said on Thursday it will spin off its titanium dioxide unit into a separately traded public company within 18 months, yielding to intense pressure from Wall Street to divest the volatile...view
- September 20, 2017According to consulting company Grand View Researchlatest research report analyzes, driven by increased specialty coatings andother consumer demand, global titanium dioxide market value will reach USd...view
- September 6, 2017The production of titanium-zirconium concentrate has been launched in North Kazakhstan province, governor of North Kazakhstan province Samat Eskendirov said on Dec.6 at a briefing in Central Communica...view
- January 10, 2018In recent years, the needs for titanium dioxide has been on the rise continuously in the world. With the continuous subdivision of global market of titanium dioxide, the market demand is increasing gr...view
- January 2, 2019In November 2018, China exported 69984.836 tons of titanium dioxide, a decrease of 8.33% compared with the previous year, an increase of 11.13% annually. India, the United States and South Korea were ...view
- September 6, 2017Chrysler Group LLC has given its approval for use of PPG’s innovative clearcoat products for warranty repairs on all Chrysler vehicles. The approved PPG clearcoats are ENVIROBASE® High Performanc...view