Huntsman's Pori, Finland Facility Experiences Fire
HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire." THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Jan. 31, 2017 -- A fire started January 30 at Huntsman Corporation's (HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire.
Pori has a capacity of 130,000 metric tons, which represents approximately 15% of Huntsman's total titanium dioxide capacity and approximately 10% of total European demand. The site is insured for property damage as well as earnings losses. Huntsman is committed to repairing the facility as quickly as possible to ensure that customers can continue to receive the quality products offered by our Pori site.
The ongoing process to separate the Pigments and Additives business from Huntsman is proceeding.
- January 10, 2018Papermaking is the third largest user of titanium dioxide industry. Low-grade paper generally does not use titanium dioxide as raw materials because of the production cost. They mainly use china clay,...view
- September 6, 2017China Titanium Dioxide prices continue to rise in the near futureAccording to industry analysis, under the background of "reduce the production capacity,", globally the reason of the growth of titaniu...view
- January 10, 2018In recent years, the needs for titanium dioxide has been on the rise continuously in the world. With the continuous subdivision of global market of titanium dioxide, the market demand is increasing gr...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont, which is making a big push into the agriculture market, reported a steeper-than-expected 3 percent fall in quarterly revenue as severe winter in North America delayed the planting of crops. Sa...view
- September 6, 2017"According to statistics of CCM, in May 2014, exports of China’s TiO2 manufacturers recorded high. However, affected by the downturn of downstream market, imports remained weak. In July, the domestic...view
- September 6, 2017Kronos Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: KRO) announced that its board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend of fifteen cents ($0.15) per share on its common stock, payable on December 19, 2013 ...view