Huntsman's Pori, Finland Facility Experiences Fire
HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire." THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Jan. 31, 2017 -- A fire started January 30 at Huntsman Corporation's (HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire.
Pori has a capacity of 130,000 metric tons, which represents approximately 15% of Huntsman's total titanium dioxide capacity and approximately 10% of total European demand. The site is insured for property damage as well as earnings losses. Huntsman is committed to repairing the facility as quickly as possible to ensure that customers can continue to receive the quality products offered by our Pori site.
The ongoing process to separate the Pigments and Additives business from Huntsman is proceeding.
- September 6, 2017Globally Cristal, Huntsman, Chemour and Tronox increase titanium dioxide price with more than US$250/mt since July 1st and their supply is limited. In China market today, the chloride process titanium...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont said on Thursday that Mark Vergano, a 26-year veteran, will become chief ＥＸＥＣutive of the chemical conglomerate＇s titanium dioxide business when it is spun off next year. Vergnano will oversee the new company and ...view
- September 6, 2017PPG Industries＇ (NYSE:PPG) protective and marine coatings business is celebrating the 20th anniversary of polysiloxane coatings, for which PPG was granted the first patent on Jan. 4, 1994. Tim Knavish, PP...view
- September 6, 2017"According to statistics of CCM, in May 2014, exports of China’s TiO2 manufacturers recorded high. However, affected by the downturn of downstream market, imports remained weak. In July, the domestic...view
- September 6, 2017Tronox Limited announced a definitive agreement to acquire the TiO2 business of Cristal, a privately held global chemical and mining company, for $1.673 billion of cash and Class A ordinary shares rep...view
- September 20, 2017According to consulting company Grand View Researchlatest research report analyzes, driven by increased specialty coatings andother consumer demand, global titanium dioxide market value will reach USd...view