Huntsman's Pori, Finland Facility Experiences Fire
HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire." THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Jan. 31, 2017 -- A fire started January 30 at Huntsman Corporation's (HUN) titanium dioxide manufacturing facility in Pori, Finland. All Huntsman associates at the site have been accounted for and there were no injuries. The fire brigade responded quickly and extinguished the fire.
Pori has a capacity of 130,000 metric tons, which represents approximately 15% of Huntsman's total titanium dioxide capacity and approximately 10% of total European demand. The site is insured for property damage as well as earnings losses. Huntsman is committed to repairing the facility as quickly as possible to ensure that customers can continue to receive the quality products offered by our Pori site.
The ongoing process to separate the Pigments and Additives business from Huntsman is proceeding.
- September 6, 2017World Titanium Resources (ASX: WTR) has streamlined its board of directors to meet the challenges presented by the next stage of its Ranobe mineral sands project in Madagascar. Chairman Wayne Malouf a...view
- September 6, 2017U.S. chemicals maker PPG Industries Inc. announced it has reached an agreement to take over Mexican architectural and industrial coatings firm Consorcio Comex for $2.3 billion, as part of the planned ...view
- January 10, 2018Pure titanium dioxide is a kinds of fine white powder that provides bright white pigments. Titanium dioxide has been used a whole century in many industrial and consumer products including paints, coa...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont (DD.N) said on Thursday it will spin off its titanium dioxide unit into a separately traded public company within 18 months, yielding to intense pressure from Wall Street to divest the volatile...view
- September 6, 2017DuPont, which is making a big push into the agriculture market, reported a steeper-than-expected 3 percent fall in quarterly revenue as severe winter in North America delayed the planting of crops. Sa...view
- September 28, 2017Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd. and its affiliates have announced a priceincrease of Tipaque® titanium dioxide (TiO2) by US$200 per metric ton inthe Asia-Pacific region effective as from October 1st,...view